Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, allowing users to share photos, videos, and stories with their followers. However, one common annoyance for Android users is the automatic scrolling to the top of the feed when they switch between tabs or perform certain actions. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore various methods to help you stop Instagram from scrolling to the top on your Android device. By following these steps, you can have a smoother and more enjoyable browsing experience on Instagram. Let’s learn about the following content with Techbangalore.com
How to Stop Instagram from Scrolling to the Top on Android
Method 1: Disable Auto-Scrolling on Instagram
Settings The first step in addressing the automatic scrolling issue is to explore the settings within the Instagram app. By following these steps, you can disable the auto-scrolling feature:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android device.
- Locate and tap on the profile icon, typically found in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Once in your profile, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner to access the menu.
- Scroll down the menu options and select “Settings.”
- In the Settings menu, tap on “Account” and then select “Cellular Data Use.”
- Finally, toggle off the “Use Fewer Data” option.
Method 2: Clear Instagram Cache
Another potential solution to the scrolling issue involves clearing the cache of the Instagram app. Over time, cached data can accumulate and cause performance problems. Follow these detailed steps to clear the Instagram cache:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and locate the “Apps” or “Applications” option (may vary depending on your device).
- Find and tap on “Instagram” from the list of installed apps.
- Inside the Instagram app settings, tap on “Storage” or “Storage & Cache.”
- From the available options, select the “Clear Cache” option to remove temporary files.
Method 3: Update your Instagram
App Regularly updating your Instagram app is crucial for a seamless user experience. Developers frequently release updates that address bugs and improve overall app performance. Follow these detailed steps to update Instagram on your Android device:
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap on the search bar and type “Instagram.”
- Locate the Instagram app from the search results and tap on it.
- If an update is available, you will see an “Update” button. Tap on it to install the latest version of the app.
Method 4: Reinstall Instagram
If the previous methods did not resolve the scrolling issue, you can attempt uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app. This process provides a fresh installation of the app, potentially resolving any underlying problems. Follow these detailed steps to reinstall Instagram on your Android device:
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon on your home screen or app drawer.
- Drag the icon to the “Uninstall” or “App Info” option located at the top of the screen.
- Confirm the uninstallation and wait for the app to be removed.
- Open the Google Play Store and search for “Instagram.”
- Tap on the Instagram app and select the “Install” button to initiate the reinstallation process.
Instagram is a popular platform for sharing and discovering content, but the automatic scrolling issue on Android can be frustrating. By following the comprehensive and detailed methods outlined in this guide, you can effectively stop Instagram from scrolling to the top on your Android device. Remember to disable auto-scrolling in the Instagram settings, clear the app cache, keep the app updated, and reinstall the app if necessary. By implementing these steps, you can enhance your browsing experience on Instagram, ensuring seamless and uninterrupted interaction with the app.